Aster Capital Weekly SnapshotApril 11th 2016
- Fessenheim (France): as the Closure of the Old Nuclear Power Station is Being Discussed, Ségolène Royal (France Energy Minister) Hopes to Convert the Site into a Tesla Plant.
- France Plans to Launch a Tender to Build Turbines for the Country's Third Offshore Wind Farm According to Ségolène Royal (France Energy Minister).
- Luxe (US, On-demand Valet Parking) Has Raised $50m in a Series B Round from Hertz.
- BMW Launched ReachNow (Car Sharing Service Similar European Counterpart DriveNow) in Seattle with Plans to Expand into 10 US Cities.
- Zenpark (France, Collaborative Parking) Has Raised €6.1m in a Series B Round from MAIF Avenir, Blablacar CEO Frédéric Mazzella and Historical Investor Demeter Partners.
- Koolicar (France, Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing Service) Has Raised €18m in a Series B Round from PSA Peugeot Citroën and Historical Investor MAIF Avenir.
- Yogitech (Italy, Functional Safety Systems for Semiconductors) Was Acquired by Intel. The Company Will Join Intel's Internet of Things Group to Strengthen the Efforts on Autonomous Vehicles.
- Airmap (US, Airspace Information and Services for Drones) Has Raised $15m in a Series A Round from General Catalyst Partners, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Historical Investors Lux Capital, Social Capital, TenOneTen Ventures and Bullpen Capital.