Aster Capital Weekly SnapshotAugust 22nd 2016
- 1366 Technologies Has Unveiled a New Process That Reduces by Half the Amount of Silicon Needed to Produce Wafers Used in Solar Cells.
- Axiom Energy (US, Thermal Energy Storage) Has Raised $2.5m from Element 8 Fund, Victory Capital, MIT Angels, Sierra Angels and JB Straube.
- Skeleton Technologies (Estonia, Ultracapacitor-Based Energy Storage) Has Raised €13m in a Series C Round from FirstFloor Capital.
- Deliveroo (UK, On-Demand Food Delivery) Has Raised $275m in a Series E Round from Bridgepoint and Returning Investors DST Global, General Catalyst Partners and Greenoaks Capital.
- Glovo (Spain, On-Demand Delivery) Has Raised €5m in a Series A Round from Antai Venture Builder, Seaya Ventures, Entree Capital, Caixa Capital Risk, and Bonsai Venture Capital.
- Airlander 10, the World's Largest Aircraft, Took Off for the First Time.
- Uber and Volvo Have Teamed Up to Launch the First Autonomous On-Demand Ride Service in Pittsburgh Later this Month.